We found the best type of grow light for the greatest yield for you this week.
The LED grow light is by far the most desired and best producing light for your indoor plants. The wide variety of shapes, sizes and intensity make for a tough choice when shopping, but the many benefits below make them worth the investment:
1. Low Electric Costs; the cost for electricity used for the LED bulbs is much lower then other bulbs. Some bulbs use up to 90% less electricity and energy than other grow lights. LED’s can be ran off of solar panels if needed, due to the incredible energy efficiency.
2. Low Purchase Price; Initial costs of these lights may be higher in comparison to other types of lights, but in the long run are much less expensive. They do not require a ballast like the Flourescent lights and also do not need reflectors, because the LED’s have them built in.
3. Extended Growing Season; These lights can be left on 24 hours a day without causing stress to your plants and therefore extending the growing season to year round.
4. Less Watering; less water is required as the LED’s produce less heat, which decreases evaporation.
5. Long lifespan; the LED’s are reported to last up to 50 hours without maintenance or replacement.
6. Variety; they come in a variety of shapes, sizes and functions. Some include – ceiling, vertical systems and inter-lighted designs. The wide range give you many options to choose from for the space you have and the plants you are growing.
Let us know which type of bulb you prefer for your crops and plants.