We found the Best Tools for your gardening needs this week, here they are:
1) Rake – a hand rake is a must for any type of garden, it plays a vital role in loosening the top soil and allowing your plants to receive the maximum nutrients from the soil. It may also be used to clean up your garden from dry leaves, debris or loose dirt. A metal rake with hand grips that fit your hands will make your gardening experience enjoyable.
2) Garden Hose – these have several purposes, including watering your plant, the lawn or washing your car. Rubber hoses are more flexible and less likely to get cuts or splits, but are usually a little more expensive. Thicker hoses are less likely to kink, in turn will ensure that you have a constant, steady flow of running water. Hoses come in a variety of colors, and lengths and weight. The length of a hose will also determine the weight (the longer the hose, the heavier it will be).
3) Shovels – this is an essential gardening tool. Available in a variety of sizes, shapes and materials; choose the one type that best fits your needs.
4) Garden Fork – this resembles a shovel, but has pointed spikes used like a rake. They are usually metal with a wooden handle and are great to move dirt in your garden.
5) Pruning Shears – these are essential to prune your plants or cut and trim unwanted branches and weeds. They are great to help shape your plants to allow for effective growth. After each use, rinse in water, dry and cover with a protective cover before storing.
6) Hand Trowel – this small tool is used for both cultivation and weeding. Look for trowels with metal handles coated with rubber to prevent it from bending or breaking. Most trowels have a hole drilled into the handle to allow for easy hanging in your shed or garage.
7) Gloves – this is one of the most crucial items to possess for cultivating your plants. We all know that weeds as well as many plants and flowers have thorns and pests may sting. These will prevent blisters as well as protect your hands from getting pricked or scratched.
Owning the right variety of gardening tools is key to an enjoyable gardening experience and taking care of your tools will allow them to last for years to come. Each tool has its own purpose and allows for better plant growth and a cleaner, well-balanced grow space.
Let us know what you think and which tools are the most important to you!